Wednesday, April 14, 2010

what's new?

As of right now:
- I have ran 3 marathons. 
- I have a new job at Facebook. 
- Officially in my 30's and I feel it
- have completely changed my diet
- have attended ayahuasca ceremony
- buried my study of mathematics
- re opened my studies of nursing

I feel like there is a lot more to thinking about and mention however, these are the first items that come to mind. It's been a lot time since I have written in any other form other than email. Sad, disheartening, not sure. I am in hopes to revitalize something new with in me. I am on work vacation and I am already starting to get bored (its been two days). I sat here today thinking to myself how ridiculous I can be. No more.

As of now:
Workout
Started the daily method (http://www.thedaileymethod.com/)... goal? Goal is to get as I fit as I can. I started on Tuesday (April 12th). To be honest, I read about it and my first thought was how can this work? While waiting for my first class to begin, the class prior was just wrapping up. I could hear the class participants sighing and laughing out uncomfortableness. I thought "wow, this should be interesting".

I wont go too much into the details (you can yelp this or read several reviews online). The class uses yoga, pilates and core exercise. It is uses quick, small lifts utilizing all the hard to get areas. I was sore an hour after the class. 

My second day was great as well as my first. I am so sore right now. I would almost compare it to as sore as running a marathon. Hope this works. I will give it a month, 5 days a week. 

I am also running 5 days a week. During the week, I will only run 3 mile to 4 mile runs, treadmill. The weekend, I will run long on Sunday, 12 mile max, Saturday 6 miles. 

School

Math RIP. I love math but hey, let's be realistic. Once I would complete my degree, I am not really that interested in what I would be able to. I still study math but I decided to end that and pursue other interests. I was a bit depressed about it for awhile but I soon was able to let it go. 

I have registered for De Anza. I am to go this Friday to have a counselor review my official transcripts. I am prepared to hear the news that my credits from 96 will not be valid. That is OK. :) Nonetheless, maybe some of it will be credited. 

I have been studying medical terminology and anatomy. Fascinating. Completely infatuated with cardiology. Yeah, I am going back to pursue a BSN. :)


No comments: